Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beginning continued

01-25-2012

I went out to the marsh this morning hoping to see Daddy G.  He was not in his nest, but there were three GBHs in the same nest where three were prsent yesterday.  One of them was very busy searching for nesting materials while the two others spent most of their time grooming themselves.

To my delight, one of the GBHs took off and flew over to another nest....Daddy G himself!  Perhaps he was the third in that nest yesterday as well.  I found it interesting that he was at the neighbor's.  I am not sure if he was trying to pilfer some materials or maybe was trying to lure away a female?  He spent a few moments walking around the nest but then began grooming.
I was only able to observe for a short time because I had to get ready and then go to work!  I have yet to see a mate in the nest.  Until tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment