Monday, January 23, 2012

The Beginning continued......01-23-12

I went out to the marsh around 3pm today only to find Daddy G's nest empty.  I did get a closer shot of the nest as it is right now.  By the time the babies are born there will be a lot more green visible.  God really knew what he was doing when he created nature!  The nest building is done when the leaves are gone and twigs are easier to find and then the babies are protected when everything comes back to life in the spring!  This is a photo of Daddy G's home:
It does not look like much, but it works!  He was not home, but his neighbors were.  I saw three other nests; two with GBHs in them.  Following is a photo of one of them:
He is pretty camouflaged behind the branches, but he can be seen.  It will be interesting to see what develops in our little colony.  I am hoping that Wednesday morning I will see Daddy G again.  Maybe he will have a little lady with him!  Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment